Remove Tonsil Stones
As ThompsonF in the forums suggested, I’m writing an article on methods of tonsil stone, (tonsillolith tonsillith) removal! Some have worked for me fairly well, some haven’t but nevertheless I’m covering all of them that I know of. If you know of any other methods leave a reply and I’ll add it to the list. =]
- Q-Tip apply pressure to the tonsil area, working from bottom to top. This pushes the tonsil stones out of the tonsil crypts. Be careful of your gag reflex though XD
- Grapefruit Seed Extract is, in general, an awesome antibacterial substance. It also does wonders on keeping fresh breath, as well as tonsil stones prevention! Check out my review of grapefruit seed extract here at the Grapefruit Seed Extract Review. Try it and give your own feedback!
- Gargling with Salt-Water. This method hasn’t worked specifically well for me, but I bet with combination of removal then garling with salt water I bet it can help with reduction, or help ease removal if used before
- Water-Pik. I’ve had a bad experience with this one. I bought some random cheap one on amazon and tried it on the “low” setting to shoot water either in the crypt or to shoot it at the tonsil tissue to push tonsil stones out. First time I tried it I almost drown myself (there’s some things you really just shouldn’t admit) and ended up with a bloody tonsil! But reports from users say that water piks work great for them! It’s definitely worth a shot anyways.
- Bobby Pin bent to dig tonsil stone out. Well, I really wouldn’t recommend this hehe. You could try it but there’s a good chance you might end up with an infected tonsil from stabbed it to death. This would only work good if you have a real big tonsil stone sticking half way out of your crypt. (still no recommended!)
- Change of Diet can do wonders for reduction of tonsil stone occurrence!
Welp, this concludes my general list of ways to effectively removal tonsil stones, otherwise known as tonsilloliths or tonsilliths (tonsillolith is the correct name by the way). Again if you can think of, or personally use, any other effective methods leave a post and I’ll add to the list! Together we can create a wonderful source of information for the general community on tonsil stone removal, remedies, and cures!
Here’s my first video on tonsil stones for your viewing pleasure
Take care of yourselves,